DBT®Programme for Substance Misuse 16-17 October 2017 MANCHESTER
DBT®Programme for Substance Misuse 16-17 October 2017 MANCHESTEREvent Location
Monday 16 October, 2017Ending on:
Tuesday 17 October, 2017
Please note: Apologies for any inconvenience caused as there was an administrative error.in the March / April Physiologists. The DBT-S course will be delivered 16- 17 OCTOBER 2017 NOT 23 -24 OCTOBER:
Cost of Course: £375 ( excl VAT) – Early Bird & Group Discounts available refer to attached Flyer
This two-day workshop covers the modifications made when applying Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to clients with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and substance use disorders. Participants specifically learn how DBT, when applied to populations with co-morbid disorders, differs from standard DBT for BPD clients in the way that DBT is targeted, how behavioural skills are taught in skills training group, how to engage clients in therapy at the beginning of treatment, strategies for not losing clients during treatment, and how therapists are supported when clients are in danger of dropping out of therapy.
This workshop is intended for those who have knowledge of standard DBT.
- Describe major findings from research on DBT for clients with substance use disorders.
- List the principles to consider in determining for whom DBT-SUD is appropriate.
- Describe the strategies used in the first sessions of DBT for persons with substance use disorders.
- Define Dialectical Abstinence in DBT with clients with substance use disorders.
- List the specific treatment targets for persons with BPD and substance use disorders.
- Define how DBT-SUD uses chain and task analyses to move clients with substance use disorders toward their goals.
- Describe the skills added to standard DBT for clients with substance use disorders.
- List the attachment strategies for persons with substance use disorders.
- Describe the principles involving families in DBT with substance use disorders.