Adapting Your DBT Programme for Substance Use Disorders™
Adapting Your DBT Programme for Substance Use Disorders™Course Date:
16 July 2021
Live and Online via ZoomCourse Level:
This one-day workshop covers the modifications made when applying Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to clients with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and co-morbid Substance Use disorders. Participants will learn how DBT, when applied to populations with co-morbid substance use disorders, differs from standard DBT for BPD clients. The workshop will cover differences in DBT targeting, the new skills developed specifically for clients with Substance Abuse, how to engage clients in therapy at the beginning of treatment, and strategies for not losing clients during treatment.
This workshop is intended for those who have attended a minimum of a two-day DBT skills training or have a good working knowledge of DBT. This workshop will assume attendees have an understanding of the theoretical and practical application of standard DBT.
- Describe major findings from research on DBT for clients with substance use disorders.
- List the principles to consider in determining for whom DBT-SUD is appropriate.
- Describe the strategies used in the first sessions of DBT for persons with substance use disorders.
- Define Dialectical Abstinence in DBT with clients with substance use disorders.
- List the specific treatment targets for persons with BPD and substance use disorders.
- Define how DBT-SUD uses chain and task analyses to move clients with substance use disorders toward their goals.
- Describe the skills added to standard DBT for clients with substance use disorders.
- List the attachment strategies for persons with substance use disorders.
- Describe the principles involving families in DBT with substance use disorders.
Have attended DBT Essential Skills Training or have a good working knowledge of DBT.
£375 + VAT Per PersonEarly Bird:
£325 + VAT Per PersonEarly Bird Expiry:
16th April 2021Group Rate:
4+ £300 + VAT Per Person OR 20+ £250+ VAT Per PersonCommissioned Courses Available:
Yes - For Groups 20+
|Level 1: Introduction to DBT: Learn the basic principles of DBT and decide if it is right for you and your clients|
|Level 2: Therapy Essentials: Apply DBT principles and how DBT skills can integrate into your existing practice. You may also choose to offer DBT skills training groups.|
|Level 3: Comprehensive Training in Standard DBT: Implement a full DBT program, based on the original model developed and researched by Dr. Marsha Linehan|
|Level 4: Advanced DBT Training and Adaptations: Learn how to adapt DBT for special populations (e.g., children, adolescents)|