DBT Skills & Strategies for Front Line Staff™
DBT Skills & Strategies for Front Line Staff™Course Date:
16-17 January 2023
Live and Online Via ZoomCourse Length:
Effective training in DBT skills requires acquisition, strengthening, and generalisation. These two days focus on the role of clinical frontline support staff in strengthening and generalising the skills DBT clients are taught. This two day training emphasises the importance of proactively rehearsing skills as a means of preventing problems in the milieu. Specific strategies are taught that increase clients’ willingness to rehearse skills, as well as strategies for coaching clients in the use of skilful behaviour when in crisis. This training is appropriate for those who have an interest in, and are familiar with, DBT skills training in milieu settings with adolescents or adults.
- Understand the necessity of acquisition, strengthening, and generalisation in effecting lasting and positive change.
- Describe the importance of behavioural rehearsal in strengthening and generalising skills.
- Identify strategies for engaging behavioural rehearsal in strengthening and generalising skills.
- Demonstrate strategies for coaching skills to prevent escalations in the milieu.
- Demonstrate balance in using acceptance and change based skills coaching
£300 + VAT per person
€350 + VAT per person
£250 + VAT Per Person
€300 + VAT per person
14 October 2022Group Rate:
Please contact us for group rates