DBT Skills Training: Enhanced™
DBT Skills Training: Enhanced™Course Date:
9-11 January 2023
Live and Online via ZoomCourse Length:
This 3-day advanced workshop is intended for those who have prior knowledge of DBT, and who want to enhance their learning to improve their work with their clients. It provides an in-depth look into DBT Skills within Core Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness, as well as the training methods required to help patients move from skills acquisition to generalisation of skills into their natural environments. The intended purpose of the various skills and the rationale (including the evidence) for their place in the treatment are addressed. Clinical examples are used to illustrate specific skills training procedures.
Participants will learn key teaching points for the various skills.
DBT skills are one of 4 modes of standard outpatient DBT. Whilst attendance at this workshop is expected to enhance clinical work, the workshop will not result in participants knowing how to conduct full DBT. For those who want to implement a full DBT programme we recommend completion of the comprehensive Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Intensive Training™.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to conduct DBT skills training.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the evidence, convey the rationale, teach the skills, and identify situations where Core Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Interpersonal Effectiveness and Emotion Regulation skills can be helpful.
- Demonstrate the following: strategies for increasing client motivation; the ability to manage questions, conversations and comments in skills training; the ability to manage interactions among skills training participants; how to solve problems that arise during skills training class.
- Employ strategies for creating an engaging skills training class where specific skills are identified to help with specific and relevant situations, where patients are motivated to engage in skills and behavioural rehearsals and where questions and activities are used to assess skills deficits.
- Conduct missing links analyses of incomplete homework assignments as well as chain analyses in the context of skills training classes.
Before participating in this course, participants must have completed any of the following:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Foundational Training™
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Intensive Training™
- DBT Skills: Essentials™
This course relies on Dr. Marsha Linehan’s DBT® Skills Training Manual, Second Edition, and participants should have this book available during the course.
The much awaited updated edition of Dr. Marsha Linehan’s Skills Manual. This step-by-step guide is a comprehensive resource providing vital tools for implementing DBT Skills Training.
£600 + VAT per person
€745 + VAT per person
£485 + VAT Per Person
€600 + VAT per person
9 December 2022Group Rate:
4+ £450 + VAT per person OR 20+ £375 + VAT per person
4+ €550 + VAT per person OR 20+ €450 + VAT per person
Yes - For Groups 40+
Registrations Open Soon