DBT®Programme for Substance Misuse™ 14-15 October 2019
DBT®Programme for Substance Misuse™ 14-15 October 2019Event Location
Monday 14 October, 2019Ending on:
Tuesday 15 October, 2019
This two-day workshop covers the modifications made when applying Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to clients with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and substance use disorders. Participants specifically learn how DBT, when applied to populations with co-morbid disorders, differs from standard DBT for BPD clients in the way that DBT is targeted, how behavioural skills are taught in skills training group, how to engage clients in therapy at the beginning of treatment, strategies for not losing clients during treatment, and how therapists are supported when clients are in danger of dropping out of therapy.
This workshop is intended for those who have knowledge of standard DBT.
- Describe major findings from research on DBT for clients with substance use disorders.
- List the principles to consider in determining for whom DBT-SUD is appropriate.
- Describe the strategies used in the first sessions of DBT for persons with substance use disorders.
- Define Dialectical Abstinence in DBT with clients with substance use disorders.
- List the specific treatment targets for persons with BPD and substance use disorders.
- Define how DBT-SUD uses chain and task analyses to move clients with substance use disorders toward their goals.
- Describe the skills added to standard DBT for clients with substance use disorders.
- List the attachment strategies for persons with substance use disorders.
- Describe the principles involving families in DBT with substance use disorders.
Register for the course
Cost of Course: £375 ( excl VAT) – Early Bird £50 pp discount
Group Discounts available £300 pp
Groups of 15 and over £200 pp