Advanced Training in the DBT Prolonged Exposure Protocol for PTSD™
Advanced Training in the DBT Prolonged Exposure Protocol for PTSD™Course Date:
8-10 July 2024
Live Training in LONDONCourse Length:
This 3-day workshop is intended for clinicians who are seeking advanced training and consultation in applying the skills and strategies of the DBT Prolonged Exposure (DBT PE) protocol for PTSD. The training will include customized instruction on topics requested by participants. Potential topics may include (but are not limited to) case formulation, treating traumatic invalidation, troubleshooting common problems, and using DBT PE with diverse populations (e.g., adolescents, people of colour, sexual and gender minority people, Veterans). In addition, trainers will provide in-depth consultation on up to 5 clinical cases. Participants wishing to receive case consultation will be required to complete a detailed case formulation in advance of the training. The trainers will select the clinical cases that best highlight the challenges and topics most relevant to the group, and selected participants will receive in-depth consultation on their case at the workshop. All attendees will be asked to evaluate the case information and join in discussion about specific cases.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the most up-to-date research on DBT PE
- Determine areas for improvement in your practice of DBT PE
- Prepare a DBT PE case formulation
- Use a case formulation approach to deliver DBT PE
- Understand the principles underlying DBT PE
- Deliver DBT PE in a principle-driven manner
- Troubleshoot problems that may arise during DBT PE
- Deliver the DBT PE protocol with greater adherence and competence
- Tailor the delivery of DBT PE to the characteristics of individual clients
- Evaluate the use of DBT PE in your own and others’ cases
Participants interested in receiving in-depth case consultation at the workshop should read the DBT PE Case Consultation instructions to learn more about what is involved. To be considered for case consultation, please submit a completed DBT PE Case Formulation worksheet by June 10, 2024 to email@example.com. Participants selected to present a case and receive consultation at the training will be informed by June 17, 2024.
All participants will be required to sign a Video Privacy Agreement prior to being admitted to the training.
- Have previously attended a 4-day Intensive Training in DBT PE.
- Are using DBT PE in their clinical practice.
- Are willing to have their work observed via role-plays and receive feedback.
- Agree to read the DBT PE treatment manual prior to the training:
Harned, M. S. (2022). Treating trauma in Dialectical Behavior Therapy: The DBT Prolonged Exposure protocol (DBT PE). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
£900 (excl. VAT) per person & £70 License FeeEarly Bird:
£730 (excl. VAT) per person & £70 License FeeEarly Bird Expiry:
8 March 2024